The WCCC board has decided that the next year membership is
from July1st 2018 – June 30th 2019.
Collectors, you will be able to see this site up until April 16, 2019. At that time it will be taken down and removed. Any information will have to be obtained at (https://www.facebook.com/pg/Wave-Crest-Collectors-Club-165487511357/about/)
Wave Crest Collectors Club (WCCC) was organized by a small group of Monroe glass collectors meeting in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas in 1996. The purpose of the club is to share the knowledge and appreciation of the wares developed by the C.F. Monroe Company. Glassware such as Wave Crest, Nakara, Kelva, and Cut Glass, as well as Sterling and Metal Novelties.
In 1880 Charles Fabyan Monroe started his own business in Meriden, Connecticut selling imported glass and soon his first shop was enlarged to become a decorating studio and showroom. By 1886 the studio evolved into the C.F. Monroe Company. The company became renowned for its elegant and finely decorated Victorian opal glass known as “Wave Crest” – a name which has virtually become a synonym for the Monroe Company itself. As business increased, the company was formally incorporated in 1892. However, the Art Nouveau era was ending and times were changing. By 1916 the company closed its doors and the corporation was officially dissolved the next year.
Mr. Monroe passed away in 1919 and is buried in Providence, Rhode Island.